||Records of Le Souëf Family
||1820 - 1989
||Le Souëf Family
||8 metres (365 items)
||Australian Manuscripts Collection, State Library of Victoria
||The Le Souëf family, for many generations, played a prominent and influential role in the development of the Royal Melbourne Zoological Gardens and other zoos around Victoria and indeed in other states.
Image used in the Le Souëf Family Archives Guide to Records is "An Early Scene at Melbourne Zoo, Royal Park Garden" - Series 03-053, Over-sized item, Investory No. A078.
- The collection is comprised of records from 3 accessions. The codes used to uniquely identify each accession range from RMZG1985/0001 to RMZG1995/0002.
- The records have been allocated to 18 series. The codes used to uniquely identify each series range from 01 to 18.
- Through the processing of the records, 7 provenance entities were identified. The codes used to uniquely identify each provenance entity, i.e. records creator or custodian, range from 001 to 007.
- The inventory covers 365 items, and may include records of continuing value, records sentenced for destruction and records that have been destroyed. The codes used to uniquely identify each inventory item range from A019 to B139. The total collection occupies 820 linear cm of shelf space (or its equivalent).
- The documentation of the records at inventory level started on 4 February 1994. The latest additions were made on 17 November 1997. The latest modifications were made on 4 January 2008. This collection profile was updated on 27 November 2008.