Rivett, Albert Cherbury David (1885 - 1961)
Sir, KCMG MA DSc FAA FRS
- Schedvin, C. B., 'Sir Albert Cherbury David Rivett (1885-1961), Scientist and Administrator', in Geoffrey Serle (ed.), Australian Dictionary of Biography, vol. 11, Melbourne University Press, Melbourne, 1988, pp. 398-401.
- Florey, Sir Howard, 'David Rivett Memorial Lecture. The Development of Modern Science', Australian Journal of Science, vol. 26, 1963, pp. 99-105.
- Gresford, G. B., 'Sir David Rivett', Proceedings of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute, vol. 28, 1961, pp. 182-184.
- 'Rivett, Albert Cherbury David - Ms 83', in Listing of Adolph Basser Library holdings, Australian Academy of Science, 1994, http://www.science.org.au/academy/basser/lists/rivett-s.txt.
- 'Rivett, Albert Cherbury David (1885 - 1961), Biographical Entry', in Bright Sparcs, 2001 edn, 2001, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/biogs/P000747b.htm.
- Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, Technology in Australia 1788-1988, Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre, 3 May 2000, http://barney.asap.unimelb.edu.au/tia/tia-dynindex.php3?EID=P000747.
- Bolton, H.C., 'Optical Instruments in Australia in the 1939-45 War: successes and lost opportunities', Australian Physicist, 1990, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/exhib/papers/bolton2.htm.
- Sherratt, Tim, ''On the beach' : Australia's nuclear history', in Presented at French Worlds, Pacific Worlds Conference, 16 July 1996, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/pubs/articles/tps/tps_on_the_beach.htm.
- Sherratt, Tim, 'CSIRO - Draft Entry', Oxford Companion to Australian History, 1996, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/pubs/articles/tps/csiro_history.htm.
Published by Australian Science and Technology Heritage Centre on AustehcWeb, October 2001
Comments, questions, corrections and additions: http://www.esrc.unimelb.edu.au/about/inquiries.html#comment
Prepared by: Acknowledgements
Updated: 16 November 2009
[ Top of page | Faculty of Science at the University of Melbourne Home | Browse | Search ]