- Sapp, Jan, 'Geographic Isolation and the Origin of Species: The Migrations of Michael White', in R. W. Home and Sally Gregory Kohlstedt (eds), International Science and National Scientific Identity: Australia Between Britain and America, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1991, pp. 233-254.
- McCann, Doug, 'Notes on Biography and Historiography of Science - The Life and Work of Michael White', in Tim Sherratt, Lisa Jooste and Rosanne Clayton (eds), Recovering Science: Strategies and Models for the Past, Present and Future: Proceedings of a Conference Held at the University of Melbourne, October 1992, Australian Science Archives Project, Canberra, 15-17 November 1992, pp. 29-34.
- Peacock, W. J. and McCann, D., 'Michael James Denham White, 1910-1983', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 10, no. 2, 1994, pp. 143-161.
- 'White, Michael James Denham - AAS Biographical Memoir', Historical Records of Australian Science, vol. 10, no. 2, 1994, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/aasmemoirs/white.htm.
- 'White, Michael James Denham - Ms 78', in Listing of Adolph Basser Library holdings, Australian Academy of Science, 1994, http://www.science.org.au/academy/basser/lists/ms078.txt.
- 'White, Michael James Denham (1910 - 1983), Biographical Entry', in Bright Sparcs, 2001 edn, 2001, http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/bsparcs/biogs/P000891b.htm.